Go-to Brown Sugar Hand Scrub Recipe
It’s excellent in exfoliating dry skin, which is why it’d give your skin a natural glow. I’m glad I can finally share this Brown Sugar Scrub recipe. I’ve been trying to come up with something easy-to-make, affordable and not time-consuming, and thought of this recipe, which meets all mentioned needs. It’s perfect for the holiday season, as you can make it at home for yourself or as a clever gift. Who wouldn’t like a nice vanilla sugar scrub, or a lemon one, or lavender scrub?
I’m pretty sure that this is the simplest recipe there is, and it costs barely anything. It may be used for your entire body or your hands or face. After using you’ll notice that your skin is very soft and has this lovely glow, as I did. My hands get extra dry when it’s cold, so I speak from experience when I say that this scrub is perfect for exfoliating your skin.
Now, how exactly can you make Brown Sugar Scrub?
The ingredients you need can be found in every house, so you too probably have everything you need. Here are few tips on making a homemade body scrub:
- Producing it is simple: you only have to mix sugar and melted coconut oil in a bowl.
- If you want to spice it up a little or just change a smell, you may add vanilla, lavender, honey, essential oils or any other scent you want.
- After the scrub is done, store it in a hermetic container. If you feel that the scrub is too harsh on your skin, you can add two more tablespoons of coconut oil.
What about its shelf life?
If stored right, the scrub can very well last 2 months. To make the most use of it, use a dry clean spoon when you scoop it out of the container.
Can Brown Sugar Scrub be used as a facial scrub?
You can surely use it on more sensitive areas like your face, as well as your hands and your body to exfoliate your skin and make it softer and to give it a natural glow.
If you’ve tried cane sugar scrub and seek a way to treat yourself or family or friends, I suggest you trying these:
- Peppermint rosemary scrub;
- Orange bath bombs;
- Stovetop potpourri;
- Chocolate truffles.
Finally, the scrub recipe:
- Cane sugar – 2 cups
- Melted coconut/olive oil – ¼ cup
Optionally: honey – 1 tablespoon; essential oils – 1 teaspoon.
- Put sugar and oil in a medium-sized bowl and mix until it’s homogeneous. You may mush it with your hands.
- Stock in a hermetic container.
Voila, your homemade scrub is ready! Use may pamper yourself with it or give it to your friends and family.