That Himalayan Salt Scrub You Want to Try
Well, with this grapefruit salt scrub recipe you may very well pamper yourself.
Why one uses Himalayan Salt Scrub?
As you know, rubbing your skin has a soothing effect – not only on your body but on mentality too. It helps blood flow, works as a massage and thus even reduces cellulite. As a result – you are a happier and healthier person. And while dry brushing is a way to do that, Himalayan salt is way better, and here’s why.
A lot of scrubs have some king of oil as an ingredient to make it run smoothly over your skin. The salt scrub recipe uses coconut oil as it has an antibacterial and moisturizing effect on one’s skin. Moreover, it has this light sweet smell. I’ve also tried adding a little castile soap so that this scrub is all-in-one for real.
How is Himalayan Salt beneficial?
Now, this one is my favorite sea salts, and the most beneficial. It has lots of healthy minerals like iron and magnesium in it and may be used in different ways. When consumed, it helps your body to dispose of toxins, balance out salts and strengthen bones. When used as a scrub, it nourishes and exfoliating your skin.
Why Grapefruit Oil?
Grapefruit oil is good no matter how you look, and the positive effect on your body is undeniable: it boosts the circulation of the fluid, helps to get rid of cellulite, stimulates the lymphatic system. Besides, a recent study has shown that it also boosts metabolism and thus lose weight. Not to mention that it contains microelements that protect your body cells.
Peppermint is widely known as something people use when wanting their breath to be fresh or aid in digestion, but its secret feature is that it’s a perfect ingredient for a salt scrub. Peppermint boosts one’s energy, so the Himalayan salt scrub will help you wake up in the mornings and clear your skin for the day. One of the medical effects is that it is used to get rid of headaches. One important thing to remember is that peppermint oil must be used with caution and kept away from children.
Ingredients of Himalayan Salt Scrub
- Himalayan salt – 1 cup;
- Coconut oil – 1 t;
- Almond oil – 2 t;
- Castile soap – 1 t;
- Grapefruit essential oil – 20 drops;
- Peppermint essential oil – 2 drops.
- Put all the oils in a small glass dish and mix it with whatever toll in more convenient for you.
- Add in the soap, and then the salt.
- Stock in an 8 oz jar. Whenever you want to use the scrub, rub in over your body, then rinse off. This way your skin will be clean and exfoliated.
Some useful tips:
- Be careful when using the scrub. Since it has oils in it, it’s dangerous to spill it on the floor as you may slip on it easily.
- Some professionals say that grapefruit essential oil is phototoxic, meaning that if your skin is highly sensitive, the scrub microparticles can cause skin irritation on contact with the sun. Though, if the scrub is washed off properly, it shouldn’t be a problem.
Now its time to ask a question: have you ever used a salt scrub? What’s your favorite recipe?