Tips for Cleaning Makeup Brushes with Natural Products
The brushes that you use daily for applying makeup constantly accumulate dirt and bacteria. You have no choice but to clean them with chemicals. This can seriously harm your skin. But you can learn how to get rid of germs on makeup brushes using natural remedies if you read this article.
Each girl chooses a foundation, powder or blush that contains as few chemicals as possible. You should also be careful about the care products for makeup brushes. If you clean them with chemicals, they get on your skin as a result.
Is It Important to Clean Makeup Brushes Regularly?
- 1 Is It Important to Clean Makeup Brushes Regularly?
- 2 Safety Skin Care
- 3 Frequency of the Procedure for Cleaning Makeup Brushes
- 4 Cleansing Makeup Brushes Features
- 5 Disinfection and Cleaning
- 6 Recipe for a Solution for Cleaning Makeup Brushes Based on Natural Ingredients
- 7 Tips for Using the Solution
- 8 Cleaning Heavily Soiled Brushes
Modern girls and women are mostly very busy persons. That is why they may not pay attention to such “little things” as cleaning brushes. Some people don’t even know that they need to do this. But despite the fact that this procedure is not important in the opinion of some girls, its failure can lead to a number of undesirable consequences. First, untreated brushes lose their original characteristics and become useless very quickly. Secondly, dirt and bacteria that accumulate in them can cause irritation or the appearance of blackheads on your skin.
Just think about how much makeup residue accumulates in the bristles of your makeup brushes, because you use them daily, sometimes even several times a day. No, you shouldn’t ignore it!
Safety Skin Care
According to the results of numerous studies, the use of unclean makeup brushes, which accumulate remnants of cosmetics and bacteria multiply, leading to clogging of pores, acne, and irritation on the skin. Conjunctivitis and staphylococcal infections are more severe consequences of using dirty makeup brushes.
You should definitely remember that regular cleaning of makeup brushes is as important a procedure as washing clothes and underwear. Be sure to pay proper attention to it if you want to avoid skin problems.
Frequency of the Procedure for Cleaning Makeup Brushes
Cleaning makeup brushes seems like a simple thing that doesn’t cause problems just at first glance. However, it has many features that you should definitely pay attention to.
For example, do you know how often you need to clean your makeup brushes? Even experts can’t agree on this issue. Some of them claim that the brush should be cleaned every time after use. Others say that weekly cleaning will be enough. There is even an opinion that the procedure for cleaning the makeup brush should be carried out no more than once a month. However, this process is very individual. It depends on how often you apply makeup with a brush, how much makeup you use, and many other factors.
Cleansing Makeup Brushes Features
The opinion that there are two alternative methods of cleaning brushes is common today. The first method is based on the use of ordinary soap and water. Another method involves the use of alcohol-containing solutions.
Method with the use of soap and water has a significant drawback in spite of its apparent safety. The thing is that the makeup brush may have a very unpleasant smell if you wash it with soap and water but do not dry it properly. The bristles of the brush also absorb the smell of soap, which mixed with the smell of cosmetics can be unpleasant. It is recommended to use baby soap. It hypoallergenic and has a mild smell. The main thing is to make sure that the brush dries before using it again.
There are no specific recommendations for the effectiveness and safety of alcohol-containing solutions for cleaning makeup brushes. This is due to the individual characteristics of the human skin, its irritability, and predisposition to allergic reactions.
You can prepare an excellent solution for cleaning brushes at home, taking into account the disadvantages of the above options. You can use a natural soap to remove the remnants of cosmetics and bacteria. Also, add a little alcohol to speed up the drying process. A small amount of natural oil added to the solution will keep the bristles soft. However, you should remember that if your brushes are made of natural materials, it is better to avoid adding alcohol. Also, avoid adding oil if you have synthetic brushes.
Disinfection and Cleaning
You should take into account that if you have not cleaned your makeup brushes for a long time, then you will have to perform several actions to achieve an effective result for their cleaning:
- Heat a small amount of natural oil.
- Rub warm oil into the bristles of your brush. This will help soften the hardened makeup residue.
- Use natural soap to dissolve the oil.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly with water and dry it.
If you want to get perfectly clean brushes and take care of preserving their properties and qualities, you should prepare a solution that has a universal effect. Its recipe is given below.
Recipe for a Solution for Cleaning Makeup Brushes Based on Natural Ingredients
Natural brush cleaning solution contains the following components:
- One and a half cups of distilled or boiled water.
- 2 tablespoons of alcohol or vodka.
- Half a teaspoon of natural oil (preferably olive or almond).
- 2 teaspoons of natural soap (choose it according to your preferences).
- 20 drops tea tree essential oil.
- Glass container for mixing ingredients and storing the solution (not less than 8 oz).
You need to follow these steps in order to get a solution from the above ingredients:
- Mix all ingredients except water in a glass container.
- Pour clean water into the bottle with the resulting mixture. Leave about half an inch blank.
- Use a glass spray bottle for maximum convenience to clean your makeup brushes after every time you use them.
Tips for Using the Solution
- Shake the solution well and pour a little into a small container.
- Dip the brush in the solution and swirl it. You should make sure that the water level is below the ferrule. If you want to clean several brushes in the same solution, then start the procedure with the cleanest one. Change the dirty solution to a clean one as needed.
- Send the brush under a stream of running water after making sure that all the dirt is removed. Squeeze the brush well with your fingers to remove excess water.
- Leave the brush on a clean dry cloth until completely dry.
Cleaning Heavily Soiled Brushes
If there are hardened makeup residues on your brush that are very difficult to remove, then use the following tips:
- Place a few drops of natural dish soap on your palm.
- Gently rub the dish soap into the bristles of the brush.
- Rinse the brush under running water, avoiding getting water on the brush-bristle connection line. Continue gently massaging the bristles until you have washed out any remaining dirt and soap.
- Wring out the bristles and leave the brush in a clean place until it dries.
Perhaps this article will be useful for you and simplify the process of cleaning makeup brushes. If you have interesting and useful tips about this, then leave them below.